Mounted Games is a team competition that requires courage, determination and all round riding ability from team members in combination with the careful and systematic training of their ponies. Teams consist of five members participating in a variety of games where speed and breath-taking accuracy are the norm.
Competitions are held during the summer at various locations and shows throughout the country at Under 10, Junior and Senior level culminating in the Under 10 and Junior Championships at the Pony Club Festival in July and the Senior Competition at the RDS Dublin during the International Horse Show. The games are exciting and fun to watch and are one of the top attractions at the Dublin Horse Show in the RDS
2020 RDS Senior Mounted Games Qualifier Competition Dates
The following are the dates for the 2020 RDS Senior Mounted Games qualifier competitions. These competitions will include under 10 and junior competitions.
- Sunday 14th June, Venue TBC
- Saturday 20th June,Gorey
- Saturday 27th June, Charleville
- Sunday 5th July, Stradbally (RDS Qualifier Final)
Tack inspection times for all competitions will be as follows:.
- 9am – Juniors
- 11am – U10s
- 1.30pm – Senior
Notice for SENIOR riders attending all RDS qualifiers and RDS competition.
- It has been decided that either sweatshirts or half zips can be worn (as per branch decision).
- They must be a plain block colour without logos, stripes or names.
- The Irish Pony Club logo is required.
- Numnahs: White or dark colour only with branch name or branch logo. No dates.